Stilton & Apple Strudel
- Mix the apples, celery and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter and lightly toast the walnuts. Stir in the sugar and the apple mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Cool, and then stir in the stilton.
- Unwrap the filo pastry and working quickly lay the top sheet flat and brush with oil.Cover with a second sheet and repeat the oiling and layering until all the pastry and oil has been used.
- Heap most of the apple mixture along one long edge of the pastry and sprinkle the remainder across the rest of the pastry, then roll it up starting from the edge with
- Place the strudel on a baking sheet, seam side down and brush with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with sesame and cumin seeds and bake in a preheated oven (200°C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- 500g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon grated nutmeg
- 25g butter
- 50g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125g stilton cheese, crumbled
- 200g filo pastry
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Cool, and then serve in thick slices, garnished with flat