Saffron and Asparagus Risotto.
- Gently fry the shallots in some of the butter until it becomes translucent.
- Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes on a medium heat, stirring so that it gets a good coating of butter
- Add a ladle of hot stock at a time and continue stirring until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus for 3-6 minutes or until tender to the point of a knife. Chop roughly once it is cooked
- Add a knob of butter, the asparagus, half the parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper to the risotto and give it a stir.
- Serve your risotto in warm bowls with a sprinkling of remaining parmesan on top of each serving.
- 250g shallots, finely chopped
- 250g butter
- 900g Arborio rice
- 2.5 litres hot vegetable saffron stock
- 1.75kg British asparagus
- 165g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper