Mediterranian Roasted Vegetable Paella.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a large shallow dish.
- Roast the red and yellow peppers in the oven for 12-15 minutes until skin blackens slightly. Place into a bowl and cover for 30 minutes until cool then remove the skins from the peppers. Set aside.
- Cut the aubergine into 1cm thick rounds and cut the courgettes lengthways into slices.
- Add the courgettes and onions to the dish, turn until well coated into the marinade and set aside for one hour if you wish.
- At the last minute, toss the aubergines with the rest of the vegetables so that they don’t absorb too much of the oil. Lift the vegetables onto medium - hot chargrill or roast in the oven for about 6-8 minutes, turning now and then and basting with any leftover marinade, until they are soft and richly coloured.
For the roasted Mediterranean vegetables:
- 2 red peppers, quartered with seeds and stalk removed
- 2 yellow peppers, quartered with seeds and stalk removed
- 1 medium aubergine, topped and tailed sliced length ways
- 3 medium courgettes
- 2 red onions, sliced into thick rounds For the marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 250ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove to a dish and sprinkle with a little more seasoning if required, add the roasted peppers.
Manchego & Spanish Onion Flat Breads